Pin me!

Friday, September 26, 2014

Pickles, Kraut and the Gut....

Who knew that real homemade pickles and saurkraut where such powerhouses? I sure didn't until I was introduced to the GAPS diet by Dr. Natasha McBride. I have been obsessed with consuming literature by this woman as well as listening to her interviews. If you have ever heard of the GAPS diet you probably already know about this beautiful source of live and active cultures found in these powerhouse jars of fermented goodness. I however did not. I was raised on the Standard American Diet and had no idea that the gross smelling mush that my dad put on his bratwurst was packed full of gut healing goodness.
I have tried two times to ferment my own kraut and pickles, but I can't seem to perfect the art. I will have to call in the reserves to learn in person. In the mean time I buy mine from Bubbies and my oldest daughter gobbles it up!!

For more on the GAPS diet:
http://www.gapsdiet.com/

For more on Bubbies:
http://www.bubbies.com/

1 comment: