Pin me!

Friday, September 30, 2011

On the verge....

Tuesday's doctor appointment left me thinking....
He mentioned a preservative in supplements called magnesium stearate and its potential to be an allergy for some. Well I started J on a new calcium supplement about a week and a half ago that I thought seemed like a better option because it had less ingredients. She started getting a little itchier than she had been and I thought maybe it was because she was getting a virus. At the appointment the new doc prescribed a couple of things, one of which was a probiotic. I started that first because I thought it would help fight the virus and since then she got increasingly itchy. To a point that we haven't seen her in a long while. (Made me realize how much she had improved) I looked at those ingredients and both the probiotic and the calcium had magnesium stearate in them. Could this be another piece to her puzzle?  Could she be allergic to this filler? Gosh if not I may lose it! Today was a walk back to a horrible time when I couldn't leave J's side without her digging at her skin. It was awful, she looked awful and I felt awful for what she was going through. Fever, tummy ache, sore throat, red itchy skin and hives! Who can watch that without developing an ulcer?!?! I gotta figure this out!!! So I am either on the verge of figuring out another piece or losing my mind completely watching my child fight off this virus and whatever is making her itchy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment