Pin me!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What J Can Eat!!!

We are going to visit my family this weekend and will stay with my sister. She asked me what J can eat so she could grocery shop for the weekend, awesome I know! The worst part of traveling is everything we have to bring. We bring the regular stuff, but also bedding, towels, lotions, supplements, ointments and above all FOOD! So this brings me to what J can eat :) I thought wow it is much easier to put it that way then what J can't eat....GEEZE that list would take me a decade to write. So here it is....all the food that we have learned are "safe" for J. This list is ever changing and we are not absolutely positive about all of it, but here it is:
Fruit:
apples, pears, melons, plums, cherries
veggies:
carrots, squash, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, green beans, brussel sprouts, greens, peppers, celery, garlic
Meat:
Beef, pork
Grains:Gluten Free Oats, quinoa
Oils:
olive, flax
seeds:
flax
other:
black beans, apple sauce (organic apples as only ingredient), flaxseed crackers, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, basil, oregano, pepper, salt, Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips, dried unsweetened apple rings from trader joes, corn free baking powder, baking soda
Though this list is short, these are the only things we have tested and seen very little if any reaction to. It is a long process and we hope to add many more items.

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, the list isn't even that short. It's probably just as long as the list of stuff my 2-year-old WILL eat. :) It's great that you've been able to pinpoint exactly what doesn't cause a reaction. That's the first step to your long process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I guess you are right. I guess it just feels so short because now we are completely limited to whole foods from scratch and I relied way more than I thought on packaged foods before. I am definitely glad it has redirected our eating habits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mama! I am so glad you commented on my blog post because now I found YOUR blog and apparently we are two little peas in a pod with our littles food issues! Anyhoo, you wanted to get a copy of my budget spreadsheet but I cannot access your email address. Please email me at hybridrastamama at hotmail dot com so I can send that to you this week! Hugs! Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama!

    ReplyDelete